• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A few recent jobs

Hi all,
Here are a few recent jobs, all hand painted or gilded in between the autumnal rain showers !!

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Attachments

• CIMG1487.JPG
    CIMG1487.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 133
  • CIMG1482.JPG
    CIMG1482.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 119
  • aceprint 004.jpg
    aceprint 004.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 110
  • hope uni 009.jpg
    hope uni 009.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 113
  • country home store 001.jpg
    country home store 001.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 90

signmeup

Looks good Brian. What's with the monkey bars in the 4th photo? Is that typical scaffolding in England?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Interesting work
I would say nice cock but that does not sound right.:omg:

The gilded work from your web page looks great.
Did you have to empty that whisky bottle before you worked on it?

wayne k
guam usa

Hi Guys,
Signmeup, 'scaffolding' was needed due to the cross being very very high, took the photo with a zooooooom on the camera, the UK is very 'health and safety' these days, I can remember when you just did the job, now there are lots of forms to fill in and rules to adhere too, oh I loved the 'good old days' ha ha !!

Wayne, thanks for the comments, the whisky bottle was an interesting project, the distillery was in Scotland and were interested in having 10.000 bottles hand gilded for export to the far east, the contents were expensive and they wanted a traditional feel to the branding. They sent us a couple of bottles to be used to produce the samples, empty of course !! and the project never moved forward due to the world wide resession !! I'm not a whisky drinker by the way, we drink tea here and love it !! ha ha !!

Cheers, :toasting:
Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

GP

Great work Brian -

You might adjust your web site link in your user profile as well. It gets misdirected.

GP

skyhigh

Hi Guys,
Signmeup, 'scaffolding' was needed due to the cross being very very high, took the photo with a zooooooom on the camera, the UK is very 'health and safety' these days, I can remember when you just did the job, now there are lots of forms to fill in and rules to adhere too, oh I loved the 'good old days' ha ha !!

Cheers, :toasting:
Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Just curious....what do you consider "very very high" ? That looks like a lot of work setting up scaffording for a small(er) project. They don't have bucket trucks in the UK? Scaffolding scares the beegeezers out of me. Give me a big heavy truck with outriggers under my butt.

You do nice work. :thumb:

Many thanks for the comments guys,

Skyhigh,
The cross was positioned on the tight apex of the church attached to Liverpool University and impossible to reach by any other method, the university were having the church roof repaired so the scaffold was extended higher for me to work from. The cross was actually stainless steel and needed special preparation in order that the goldleaf would adhere correctly, always problems painting stainless steel !!

Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com

Jillbeans

Nice work, especially on the corrugated wall.
It would be tricky for me to get all those thin letters uniform.
And the scaffolding makes my nostrils twitch, yikes that looks intimidating.
Love....Jill

kstompaint

I'd like to see the photos of the scaffold around the cross with out the zoom on. I'm thinkin' there's no check big enough to get me to the top of that contraption.