• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A first for us.

threeputt

Wrapped about 20 vehicles this year. Complete wraps, nose to tail. Many of them in the last six months or so.

So a week ago the client for which we've done seven pickups or so, walks in with a 2010 Chevy fender in his hands. (it's brand new) I guess he got it from the body shop.

He's also got a jump drive with three photos of the vehicle the fender is for. The photos are showing the body damage to the right front fender.

Here ya go, wrap it.

Lots of fun trying to match up things. Wish the fender was on the vehicle when he brought it in, that's easier. You can match up right to the vehicle. This way, you're sort of by guess and by gosh, using a photo.

I explained this, but he's good with it. Total trust in us, I guess.

2B

hopefully you took post production / finished job pictures to match up to and not replying on their damaged images

threeputt

Ouch.....! Hope there aren't too many registration points....but even then that seems pretty much impossible to match up 100%.

Why didn't he bring the whole vehicle...?

The client is 2 hours away. He's at the beach and there is no shop near him that can do this work.

threeputt

hopefully you took post production / finished job pictures to match up to and not replying on their damaged images

Yeah, we have post wrap photos, but......since many of his rigs are all 2010 Chev full size pickups, we wouldn't know precisely which one was the damaged one. We don't keep track of each driver's vehicle, I guess is the best way to say it.

And....there could be minor discrepancies in the actual wrap placement.

ie: the background is a photo of the ocean beach with forested land also in the background so we thought we could pull it off.

(no plaid, continueing letters, stripes or hard edges that must meet up)