• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A HUGE thanks to Cadlink/Signlab . . . !

Replicator

Here is some useful information that I received from Cadlink pertaining to cut registration . . .
I hope it helps others !

Signlab Registration Issues Resolved . . . Version 7.1 and higher.

If you've got a problem with cut registration being off there's a new feature in Signlab,
It's called One Point Stretch, It can be complicated to understand, so I thought I would
make it very clear for other users with these cutting/registration issues.

Go into your print and cut setup, and go to the cutter tab, then in the Printer Cutter Alignment
drop box, choose ONE POINT STRETCH . . . Then hit set defaults at the bottom and then hit OK.

Now, lets say you design your print work and send it through the printer (gerber edge) and your
ready to cut it . . . (sprocket fed plotter) You'll notice that the print has lines on the end
that look like this (see image below), when you hit your send to cutter button a dialog box
will pop open (see image below), asking for the number of ticks to adjust for the amount the
cuts will be off, ignore this box initially and just leave it sitting there open . . .
Hit the send button on your plotter itself and the plotter will move from your reg mark
to those printed ticks and it will cut on one of the lines, it will then return to your reg mark.

Now go back to the open dialog box and enter the number of the tick line (plus or minus)
that was cut on, then hit the send button on your plotter again
and you will get perfect cut registration every time.

Thanks to Cadlink/Signlab tech support for helping me work through this information, without
there help I would have never figured out these steps.

I hope this information helps other Signlab users in the future . . . !

Thanks !

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 150
  • ticks.jpg
    ticks.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 104