• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little Mimaki help?

420ilerBuzz

Hi everyone! We purchased a Mimaki CJV30-130 a couple of weeks ago and I'm starting to run into a couple of issues. Maybe some of you can help...

I'm running into a problem where my vinyl isn't cutting properly. I've tried numerous pressure settings and when I do a test cut, there seems to be no change between 60 and 200. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It says in my setting the pressure's at 200, yet it's barely cutting. The blade is new and has been set up exactly to mimaki's specs.

I'm also running into the problem where my cuts are slightly off from where they should be cutting. I've checked all my settings and there's no offset that should be causing this issue. I had a Roland Versacam VP540 before this and it was a hell of a lot easier to figure out. That being said I still love the mimaki, I just need some help figuring this beast out.

Thanks for any help in advance. Also can anyone recommend any software other than Rasterlink? I'm not impressed at all with this software. Versaworks blows it out of the water in my opinion.

FishnSigns

Sounds like you have your blade holder in the front position (for pounce cutting decals). Move it back to the rear position so it cuts on the cutting pad, not the pounce pad. With the offset you described, I'm sure this is the problem. Good luck.

FishnSigns

Forgot to mention... we have been using the Mimaki Fine Cut plug-in for Adobe Illustrator and love it. If you are comfortable with Illustrator, you will do just fine with the plug-in.

Your pressure will range from 35-100 for most materials fyi.

420ilerBuzz

Thanks for the advice Fishnsigns! Pressure problem solved after doing another test cut at 60. Worked like a charm. Now doing a print and cut test to see if it's still offsetting itself.