• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little stumped

qmr55

After sketching for about an hour I came up with a few concepts for this customer, but he is the kind of guy that will take one idea from each concept and ask you to put them all together. So I am looking for some opinions on which ones you would should and also any design critiquing that may be directed at the works as well. So let me know!

I know some say "Inc." and some don't, that is because they are not sure whether they want Incorporated in their logo or not yet. Just disregard that for now, it will most likely be removed! Also, their colors are that exact red, white and black so I was told to stick to them. I am planning on showing them an option with blue to see what they think, but more than likely they will stick to the red, black and white.

The eye glasses were their original concept idea that was forwarded to me to "work with" so I just threw one together with that real quick. I don't plan on showing them that because I simply don't like the glasses lol so chances are that one won't be used! The idea of the arrow logo was because they will be predominantly a web company so I thought the arrow kind of goes with that! We'll see!

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• eye_depot.jpg
    eye_depot.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Maybe it's obvious, but what do they do?

I'll comment on the bottom left...

I personally don't like that typeface, the "O"s look like toilet seats...
The arrow looks like a demons tail.

I would never send an idea I do not 100% believe in.
I have been known to waaaaay over do presentations. But I would pick 2 or three ideas. I say that, but usually fail, and when the client hates it, I usually have shot my creative ideas.
I can't stand frankenstiening a logo, you may not have too many parts to frankenstien, but sometimmes you have to do it, but usually try to introduce another concept as well.

Attachments

• Coop-DevilGirl-Medium-Wall-print-layout.jpg
    Coop-DevilGirl-Medium-Wall-print-layout.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

qmr55

They sell wholesale glasses, contacts, and accessories like that.

I really like the top row and I dislike the bottom left one probably the most of any of them.

Thank you for the comments I want to ponder what you have said and put together a response but you made some great points!

J

john1

I kind of like the one second row all the way to the right.

This ones a toughy as they sell many things and it's hard to think of anything but glasses to associate what they do in the logo.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Eye Depot makes me think of this....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• bladerunner-DrChew.jpg
    bladerunner-DrChew.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 67

visual800

first thingyou need to do is find that font on your computer and delete it. That font reminds me of hobo and that aint looked good since the Dukes of Hazzard. They all appear to be very stiff and not very intriquing. I cant place my finger on it. maybe a better font and some looser graphics will clear this up

ThinkRight

From a non artist wanna-be sign maker....
Top right looks clean and simple.I like it.
Maybe tweek the colors,they look faded / washed out.

lexsigns

check out Joe Diaz's post about using red and black together- I know it's not your choice but if you have to use it make sure it's legible :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Of those..... either top left without the eyeball..... or the middle left with some color change. The others all look forced with no direction.

qmr55

Thanks guys for the input. Been too busy today to take another look at this plus I am limping around with a hurt knee so trying to take it easy! Will probably get back to this over the weekend or beginning of next week. Great advice from everyone and I am pondering it all and taking it in. Have some new ideas I want to put together before I send this job out because I really want to get through the process as easy as possible. Putting the pencil back down to the paper soon to start over with some fresh sketches. Thank you all!

Jillbeans

The "eyes" you are using give off an alarmed/comical or menacing impression.
Move the pupils around to get a better expression for starters.
Love....Jill