• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A question about installing Perf????

TommyTees

Would you guys install Perforated vinyl wet or dry?????

please help I need to install a back window of a truck in like an hour.

WVB

I figured I would revive this thread... We did an install on a truck rear window today. When installing Perferated Vinyl w/ laminate is the outside suppose to look somewhat hazy? When looking from the inside out it looks good like looking through a screen patio type thing. However the outside is what got me concerned. But I believe this is normal and over time it should look better...

Attachments

• Backwindow.jpg
    Backwindow.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 154
  • BellBackWindow03.jpg
    BellBackWindow03.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 159
  • BellBackWindow.jpg
    BellBackWindow.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 178

Digital_Dan

Is there special Laminate you use for the Perf. Vinyl?

I thought I was told there's a different kind of laminate that doesn't blur your vision. Specialized for the rear window graphics.

P

ProWraps™

install dry. no premask, center hinge. PERIOD. easy as hell. USE ONLY an optically clear laminate if you laminate. such as the 290f. the haze is from using a non optical laminate.

P

ProWraps™

from my experience, we never install anything wet on glass. except store fronts and thats a whole 'nother story. perf is an installers dream. the big holes are great! so easy to install, and if you install in a vehicle bay like us, wait till you drive the vehicle out in the sun and the client goes "holly crap!" cause it POPS in the sun. we love it. we do what we call window wraps all day long. $199 installed and laminated. great money maker, and very good price point for the client that cant afford a wrap!

zgraphics

We install wet, works great... with no mask. by the way what do you charge for a back window perf? I charge about $175..

Digital_Dan

Ooh I forgot say I install Perf Vinyl dry, no mask, and use a velcro (loop side) squeegee (Can't buy them, just have to make them) works great for a no scratch app.

WVB

I had Joseph Merritt & Co. (Merchant member here) do the printing/laminating for us. Not sure what material was used.

We did do the install dry, and it was fantastic to install for sure...