• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a reintroduction?

binki

I thought I would revisit this. I don't remember if I ever did do a proper intro, but I feel bad that I cannot contribute more than political items out of the PRC.

I spent 15 years in a combination of retail and manufacturing. I then started with software development and while I worked with offshore development almost from the start and several years ago I saw my job being shipped to India, China, and other far off places where they work for pennies on the dollar.

During this time we started a software development business. I now is we as Mrs. binki and I started it.

We moved our skills around to stuff that needs to be done local but at some point we figured we needed a retirement plan. Enter the garment decorating business.

We looked at a number of industries to get into and almost got into coffee. We spoke with a coffee consultant and had a number of places picked out but at the same time we were looking at screen printing and both had the same net margin so when we found out that some national coffee chains that I will not name, but are on every corner, were signing leases in every strip mall without intention of moving in (they got sued for restraint of trade btw) and we selected screen printing.

Now we made a number of offers for businesses and once we got into the due diligence we found these places were for sale for a reason (they were losers)

So we went to a number of trade shows and after over 2 years of research we entered the garment decorating industry. Two years ago we made several attempts to purchase a used cutter/printer and again, dealing with existing business owners is a real trial so we purchased just a cutter new to do apparel vinyl.

So we started getting business for banners, storefront windows, vehicles and other non apparel vinyl applications.

We have been doing this for 2 years so our experience is compared to what we have found here not enough to offer advice except in the areas of garments, dtg, sublimation and, of course, politics in the PRC.

So there you have it. We have a storefront in a historic downtown area and we offer a full service, one stop shop for just about anything graphic even though we might source some of it out.

We have actually done several businesses, official registered and started before this but they just didn't work out but we get an 'E' for effort.

So there you have it from soup to nuts where we are today.

Thanks and TIA for all of the help and maybe one day I can do the same here. We have a daughter that is an attorney and I personally am not affraid to try anything. After all, this business is a great reason to buy tools....;)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now that explains alot..................... :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, Re-welcome from PA..........................................​

binki

Hey, don't hate me because I am beautiful...

did i mention we do embroidery (80% margin on this one)