• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A tough Font!! Help?

Andy D

This is a first for me, I'm pretty good at finding fonts, and the frustrating thing is it looks so familiar..
It looks like the Z was modified from whatever the other letters font is.
Thanks,
Andy

attachment.php

Attachments

• bellevue 2.jpg
    bellevue 2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 110

Andy D

Thanks, but the Ziggy Standard I googled looks a little cartoonish..
Here's the original image I lifted the front from:
attachment.php

Attachments

• bellevue.jpg
    bellevue.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 90

sardocs

That looks like it was laid out by hand to me. The P is slightly imperfect and the A's seem to have different stroke angles.

Andy D

That looks like it was laid out by hand to me. The P is slightly imperfect and the A's seem to have different stroke angles.

Yeah, I think you're right, I was just told we made this in the Eighties (seems like an incredible lifespan), so
I think we're going old school, hand trace a pattern, spraylat the new face,
X-acto it out, and paint it.....

T_K

Yeah, I think you're right, I just found out we made this in the Eighties, so
I think we're going old school, hand trace a pattern, spraylat the new face,
X-acto it out, and paint it.....

I don't guess you have a large format scanner to digitize it and make a clean vector? If you going through all the trouble of hand tracing it to recut it anyway, I might offer the customer this service.

Andy D

I don't guess you have a large format scanner to digitize it and make a clean vector? If you going through all the trouble of hand tracing it to recut it anyway, I might offer the customer this service.
Good point, especially since we are only doing the face that broke, I'm sure we'll be seeing the other side soon.
You can't tell from the picture, but that face is like 6' x 14', so what I would probably do to digitize it is to take a straight on,
close picture of each letter (except the ones that repeated), create line art, and put them back together....
but the other way, I just pass it on to our paint department and don't have to mess with it :smile: