• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

About new Roland Pro4 XR-640EX

Real Deal

Hi all, I'm new here wish can get some feed back on Pro4 XR-640.
Im thinking to upgrade our print equipment to growing our business, so after i did some research on Pro4 someone saying that 2 printhead need to replace new one after 2 years use, is this true?

Please give us some 360 feedback on this machine, much appreciate.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Roland_SOLJET_Pro_4_XR-640__71976_zoom.jpg
    Roland_SOLJET_Pro_4_XR-640__71976_zoom.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 101

synergy_jim

Hi all, I'm new here wish can get some feed back on Pro4 XR-640.
Im thinking to upgrade our print equipment to growing our business, so after i did some research on Pro4 someone saying that 2 printhead need to replace new one after 2 years use, is this true?

Please give us some 360 feedback on this machine, much appreciate.

attachment.php

No issues here. Don't get silver because no one really wants it. The white is nice if you need it. Roland threw a 3 year all parts warranty on ours.

Real Deal

No issues here. Don't get silver because no one really wants it. The white is nice if you need it. Roland threw a 3 year all parts warranty on ours.

Hi Jim, thx for prompt reply, do you get Light CMYK on yours and is this good feature to have it?
And the 3 year all parts warranty, is this roland offer you the discount or its standard?

synergy_jim

Hi Jim, thx for prompt reply, do you get Light CMYK on yours and is this good feature to have it?
And the 3 year all parts warranty, is this roland offer you the discount or its standard?

We have 6 color + white + silver. We now run a cleaning cartridge in the silver channel.

If I was doing it all over again, I would have gone light black or CMYK X 2 config. I do like having white though.....

Real Deal

We have 6 color + white + silver. We now run a cleaning cartridge in the silver channel.

If I was doing it all over again, I would have gone light black or CMYK X 2 config. I do like having white though.....

Hey, yes I'm thinking to get 1 light back and 1 white with M x 2 and Y x 2, maybe this is good enough for it. what do you think?

synergy_jim

We've had ours for almost a year and it's been great. We have ours with CMYK Lc Lm Lk W and are happy with that decision. The Lk makes a HUGE difference for printing greys and the white is great for backing clear decals and prints. White is painfully slow when printing and is definitely not 100% opaque but as long as you know it's limitations it's a great asset.

We've had some issues with the take up reel which hasn't tracked properly from the beginning but it is being replaced shortly which I'm hoping will eliminate the only issue we've had with it.

Overall - print speed, quality, and color gamut is very impressive, even compared to our older XC-540 Soljet 3.

Ps. Welcome from Winnipeg. Where abouts are you in Canada?

Agreed... we moved from the XC540 also and while it was bulletproof ( 2 capping stations in 5 years ) I will say this XR will run circles around it. Zero DOWN TIME!!!!!

Real Deal

We've had ours for almost a year and it's been great. We have ours with CMYK Lc Lm Lk W and are happy with that decision. The Lk makes a HUGE difference for printing greys and the white is great for backing clear decals and prints. White is painfully slow when printing and is definitely not 100% opaque but as long as you know it's limitations it's a great asset.

We've had some issues with the take up reel which hasn't tracked properly from the beginning but it is being replaced shortly which I'm hoping will eliminate the only issue we've had with it.

Overall - print speed, quality, and color gamut is very impressive, even compared to our older XC-540 Soljet 3.

Hi Pat, thx for your comon yes we are in Toronto and could you please explain more how to use white ink about to print clear on decal an so on...

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Our XR-640 was installed 2 days ago to run along side our 540, so far so good, even tho only a couple days I've run her pretty solid with no real qualms yet other than needing some profiles that are not yet available. we went w/ the CMYKcmk/Wht, I will be running the first run of 2k decal on clear with White next week so I will throw in some feedback then.

CanuckSigns

How does the white compare to the gerber edge? I'm considering adding white to our next printer but I've heard mixed reviews

Real Deal

Our XR-640 was installed 2 days ago to run along side our 540, so far so good, even tho only a couple days I've run her pretty solid with no real qualms yet other than needing some profiles that are not yet available. we went w/ the CMYKcmk/Wht, I will be running the first run of 2k decal on clear with White next week so I will throw in some feedback then.

Great, waiting for your result :wink:

Thx