• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

accuracy of the S160T

Rooster

I have an OPOS-Cam s160T and found it's accuracy to be very low. I would not even consider cutting anything printed without a significant bleed added. Cutting over 5-6 feet is generally trouble too.

I have the exact same machine and have not had the same experience as you. I suggest you get in touch with Summa. I had some calibration issues at the very beginning but they helped me get it sorted out quickly and it's been nothing but smooth sailing ever since.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you are doing the print and opus marks in Flexi why not just send the cut job from Production Manager directly to the cutter? Just curious why you are sending the cut job from Summa Cut Control? We run the same setup and I'd never considered running it that way so you have peaked my curiosity... we have always run the print job, load the material on the cutter after laminating then from Production Manager right click the cut job and click send.

Another vote for the summa over the graphtec..... we had both and the summa was definately worth the extra money. Our graphtec had problems finding crop marks for alignment, the construction of the machine does not compare to the summa, the user inputs to the summa are way more user friendly.

Ours is very accurate but we always add .03 - .06 of bleed depending on how big the sheet is.

We use Flexi mostly for rip/print so it puts the opus marks on for us, then we save the cut file from product manager to send to the cutter via summa cut control.

Drew sold us ours.... Thanks Again!!!

LittleSnakey

Because the Summa is in a different room from the computer with flexi and the summa does not support using a cat5e network cable just a USB to connect to the computer. The computer we run the summa is an old laptop with bare minimum, so that is connected to the network we save the cut file to it then send. When we had the graphtec we got it with the network option and were able to send directly from flexi. There may be other options but this worked for us with what we had to use.

If you are doing the print and opus marks in Flexi why not just send the cut job from Production Manager directly to the cutter? Just curious why you are sending the cut job from Summa Cut Control? We run the same setup and I'd never considered running it that way so you have peaked my curiosity... we have always run the print job, load the material on the cutter after laminating then from Production Manager right click the cut job and click send.