• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Acuity HS

Andy Mason

Hello,

We just got a new Acuity HS and we are having some problems with getting ink all over the under side of the gantry. We see it more on the front print heads. Was wondering if anyone has seen this or has any ideas on how to get this to run better. Attached is a photo of what I am talking about, and this is only after 4 full bed prints.

Attachments

• IMG_2191.jpeg
    IMG_2191.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 292

AlsEU

What kind of substrate you are printing on? Are all colours leaking? Do you have an antistatic bar installed and working?

Andy Mason

What kind of substrate you are printing on? Are all colours leaking? Do you have an antistatic bar installed and working?
It happens on pretty much everything we print. Yes it looks like all the colors but more magenta and cyan. We are running Fuji KA ink. We are running an antistatic bar and yes it is on.

Andy Mason

How far from the substrate are you printing?
We've had our UV for 7 years (Océ) and never seen anything like this on ours.
We had and Acuity Select for 5 years and had no problems. We measure the material and go off of that for our height, I think they said there is a 1.4mm built into how far away it is.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Océ 360GT with 257 inkset.
We do get a bit more misting of magenta compared to 256 inkset, but not even 1% of what you've shown in your photo.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
Hello,

We just got a new Acuity HS and we are having some problems with getting ink all over the under side of the gantry. We see it more on the front print heads. Was wondering if anyone has seen this or has any ideas on how to get this to run better. Attached is a photo of what I am talking about, and this is only after 4 full bed prints.
With your machine what is your daily clean/purge process?

Andy Mason

With your machine what is your daily clean/purge process?

Every morning I swab the heads and do the auto head clean. I clean the underside every morning too. When we are printing through the day I clean the underside and auto clean the heads when needed. We are being told this is what happens but it is odd that is happens more on the front set of heads.

AlsEU

When the meniscus vacuum was calibrated recently? With the gauge, not just by looking at the value on the screen?