• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Adobe Illustrator to Flexi transparency problem

Edwards Sports

I have a logo with a transparency box around it that looks good in Illustrator, but when I import to Flexi the transparency box looks white and I can't get rid of the box. The customer doesn't want a box around their logo.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

FrankW

The solution depends on the kind of data. For example you can set white areas in bitmaps transparent in Flexi (depends on the version of Flexi).

dtdm

Similar situation. Export as tiff gives great results... However I have some complex contour cut lines that obviously don't transfer over through tiff.

I have currently been building two files. One .ai with contour cut line, and one tiff file... I then manually insert and place the contour cut line over the tiff in flexi. Any advice on making this less painful?

LittleSnakey

Open it with photoshop and save it as a .ps, photoshop file format. Make sure the background is transparent.
Import it into flexi add contour cut

Keep in mind if its a large layout and you rasterize it at 300dpi in photoshop the file can be quite large.

CS-SignSupply

I have currently been building two files. One .ai with contour cut line, and one tiff file... I then manually insert and place the contour cut line over the tiff in flexi. Any advice on making this less painful?

Realistically about as good as it gets.

CS-SignSupply

Not that I am aware of but before exporting the file from Illy, you can flatten the image to remove the alpha channel. However, this will usually convert the transparent to white and therefore change the overall image.