• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

adobe to corel

Deaton Design

What is the bet filetype to save in for corel users to open back up with no problems? Some of the people I do work for are corel users, and I work in ill.cs5. I usually send it as an eps8 or pdf, and most of the time have no problems, unless its color. Sometimes they complain the colors are off when they open. Thanks!

Replicator

More than likely the colors are wrong because every monitor shows colors differently and even prints the colors differently than what is seen on the screen.

Joe Diaz

Eps or PDF should be fine. Perhaps when sending that artwork also send them an exported raster image as a proof. It's not perfect but it may help for the majority of those issues. Also CorelDraw has the ability to switch between color profiles. So letting them know what color profiles you are using may help as they can make the proper adjustments on their end. For example the corel user could switch their color profile setting in the color management to "adobe rgb" or what ever you happen to have on your end.

One nice thing Corel has implemented in the last few versions is the ability to embed your color profile into that exported document. I'm not up to date on Adobe, so does illustrator have a feature like that? If so that may help. (I know I use it when converting Corel files to Illy) If not, Corel also has the option to convert spot colors to rgb or cmyk. If adobe has something similar, that too may helpful. It may not be perfect, but it may get you in the ball park.

Bill43mx

As a Corel user I agree both with what you are doing (eps version 8 opens 99% of the time) and what Joe suggested....it's always nice to have something to compare the file to.

royster13

I spent a few hours last night playing with X6.....I am sure it will take me a while to get up to speed.....Took me an hour to figure out a rounded rectangle....And still did not figure out how to set the corner radius.....

PS.....Now I feel stupid....After I posted this, I opened X6 and it took me about 12 seconds to figure it out...I guess i was too tired last night...

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
When sending art elements from Adobe Illustrator to CorelDRAW I typically save it in Illustrator 8 legacy format. I usually have various elements organized on their own layers, which Corel will preserve.

One annoying glitch I see when sending .AI artwork to CorelDRAW: compound paths will often have a pair of overlapped anchor points stacked on top each other, such as the inside counter of a letter "O." If I release the compound in Illustrator before saving and then combine the paths in CorelDRAW the glitch doesn't appear. It's a minor thing, but I still find it annoying. It can be an issue when routing sign parts, like the back of a channel letter. I just like clean paths.

I also wish CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator could treat each other's gradients more accurately. Both have their own interactive gradient tools. Yet neither properly understands how to import the rival's interactive gradient.

When sending artwork from CorelDRAW to Adobe Illustrator I usually just save the file down to CDR 9 format and then have Illustrator open it. Glitches that can occur: Pantone colors changed to black, goofed up gradients and text blocks with really odd line spacing.

signmeup

When sending artwork from CorelDRAW to Adobe Illustrator I usually just save the file down to CDR 9 format and then have Illustrator open it. Glitches that can occur: Pantone colors changed to black, goofed up gradients and text blocks with really odd line spacing.
Thank you.

jimbug72

We use Illy CS3 and Corel 12 :covereyes:
Saving as .ai down to CS version seems to work with the fewest issues for us. Any version of .pdf or .eps seems to have various issues if they will even open at all.