• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice for Media Selection for Small Printed Decals

Speedsterbeast

I was looking for advice for what to use for making decals. I've used Oracal 3551 in the past, but I wanted something a little heavier (thicker) for ease of application (without laminating) not necesaarily for longer life.

The uses are small (2" X 3") round/oval/ rectangular decals for companies to label their hard hats, equipment, items serviced by... etc etc.

I am using a Roland SP-300V with Eco-Sol inks.

An Oracal product Referance would help, as that is what my main supplier has, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a nice 6 Mil Glossy Permanent, MotoGFX had some issues with lifting after they cut out the decals but everyone else has had success with it. Its only $0.12 a sq.ft so 30"x150' is only $45.00

Speedsterbeast

I guess I should have mentioned that I want to be able to print and cut in the same run without the edge curling that happens with certain media. Is that's want you meant by lifting- or is your media ok for this Bigfish?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Well I would love for you to buy it but it might not be the best for that application after talking with Moto. Sorry

royster13

What sort of quantities are you talking about?....Will these be stock shapes?...If so, lot of vendors are using Indigo presses to print on Mylar and then die cutting and laminating...Sometimes it is just more practical/economical to outsource....

Speedsterbeast

What sort of quantities are you talking about?....Will these be stock shapes?...If so, lot of vendors are using Indigo presses to print on Mylar and then die cutting and laminating...Sometimes it is just more practical/economical to outsource....

The last quantity was 500 2" round 2-tone decals.
I don't know what you mean by stock shapes. My post listed the shapes if that what you mean

This time around maybe 200-300 of a similar product.
I don't mind doing it in house. I just want a thicker material to print to so I'm looking for suggestions for media.

splizaat

ugh. I want this material to work bad! I am still toying. IF I can't get bigfish's stuff to work for this I'd use his material, but until then if they're going on hardhats and you want them to last (and be thick) you MUST laminate.

I'd use Oracal 3165 Laminated with 210. I don't see why that wouldn't work and our Sp300v prints that material wonderfully.