• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice

GRAFIKWORX

iSign, good point, starting off with a deposit would've been a "good start".

Blue, also good point. I'm just going to make their logo and cut my losses.

Mission Accomplished.. Nice to see someone head some good advice on here and not get all pissy. I hope it all works out for you..

"NEXT"

the red flag right away was the wife telling you how conservative she is........basic translation i have found is>>>> use the most basic font you have and a few straight lines.......

EGI

Maybe she also meant she was "conservative" with her monies.... :rolleyes:

I did ask about that the first time she said conservative. I asked directly, are you saying conservative with money or the image? She laughed, and said I'm just conservative... I had a bad feeling then, but had no idea it would get this bad...

EGI

Mission Accomplished.. Nice to see someone head some good advice on here and not get all pissy. I hope it all works out for you..

"NEXT"

Thanks man. I'm really trying to stay cool, cause this really bothers me that I'm falling short. And there was some good advice once you get past the negativity of some...

HulkSmash

If i had to choose between theirs and yours.. well.. it wouldn't be yours. But that's not the point here.
I think you have made the right decision to eat the costs for that.."Design"

Be sure to let them know how much an hr you are for design, and take a deposit, at least $250 for design. And if it's more you can always deduct the amount from their vans that they want decal'd.

Good luck.

Border

There are very very few people I will work for anymore without a down payment. Most of the time I get 30-50% down these days. Earlier on, sometimes I would just ask for 50 or a hundred bucks. That little amount is usually enough to secure the job while not making the new customer feel too uncomfortable if you don't yet have much of a portfolio for them to look at your previous work. (wow, THAT was quite a mess-of-a-sentence!)
It's all good, as long as you live and learn. :thumb:

Circleville Signs

Our policy is simple.

Under $500 - 100% paid in full in advance.

Over $500 - 50% deposit, 50% due when we show up to install the sign. If the balance isn't ready, we dont' start working.

EGI

You mean you do $900.00 jobs without a deposit?

That's sort of a grey area... Depending on how close to 1k we may ask for 50% down.

However, I had a long talk with the owner of our company the other day after listening to how some of you do business, and we're working on re-structuring things.

It seems like the little jobs have been biting us in the arse a lot lately...