• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

after I print which way is up?

gabagoo

I have never figured this out and maybe theres an easy solution. When I print a job on the Mamaki and lets say I axis swap the print to fit better or even if I dont, I guess this still applies. After it dries for lets say a day, sometimes I can't remember when loading into the cutter which way is the front. I usually will leave a 1.5" from the edge when I print so that is usually the answer, but sometimes it's pretty much centred in the vinyl. Can you view a thumbnail in the production manager? How do others deal with this issue as seldom as it may occur?

D&Tgraphics

I put a little pen mark on the vinyl before I print. That way I know what end came out first and then feed in the plotter the same way.

gabagoo

Yes you are right. If I right click on the job and hit properties it shows how it was printed. Now if I could figure out why the software keeps deleting the cut jobs after they are sent. I set the default to hold them but every few weeks I find it deleting them again, not sure what causes this and can't remember as usual where to set the hold file for all files.
I must be getting to old for this, alzheimers is setting in fast lol

Flame

Always keep an eye on the box that keeps your print in production manager. I delete everthing manually, never auto.

I also put a pen mark on the lower, left hand corner of my material just before every print. I use that as registration so everywhere I bring my print, whether it be for laminate, cut or trim, I know that's my "leading edge".

Should help.

ChiknNutz

When performing a print/lam/cut on my Roland, the reg. mark is different at the lwr RH corner...makes it foolproof when reloading for cut. At least, that is when you let the printer generate the type of mark, it may be different if you tell it what marks to make...I dunno.

GARY CULY

if you use the cut off tool on your mimaki...there will always be a little tang in vinyl bout 4 in.in from left side...where the blade goes down..cuts left ..then comes back cuts right ............if you forget to mark a F ...that tank is always on the LEFT.loading it in plotter........if its on right,its backwards

Last edited: