• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aftermarket inks?

crny1

Does anyone use the aftermarket inks from Grimco that they are running a special on right now? I have a xc540 and I have to say the 84$ cartridge price is appealing. I have never ran anything other then OEM but always looking to save a buck or two. Don't want to cost myself more in the long run either. I think its made by 20/20 or something like that. Anyone ever ran it? Thanks in advance.

player

There are plenty of threads here about 3rd party inks. The amount you use is important. If you use a lot, then the savings will
cover the cost of repairs due to the inks. If not, then you should probably stick to OEM. There is a brand sold here by a merchant member that seems to get good reviews. I think it is Bordeaux Inks.

DirtyD

I use borduex inks in my Roland.. I have no issues at all - I also used GreenStar from USCuTTER in my old JV3 with no problems.

The key with 3rd party inks is you must keep up on cleaning - My printer is set to auto clean and I do a manual cleaning every week on Friday afternoon. I have never used the 20/20 though

niksagkram

We've used Nazdar inks in our older SC-540 for several years now, not a single issue. (We still use OEM inks in our XC-540 and VS-540 because the XC is our go-to machine, and the VS is under a warranty/service plan.)

Mark