• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Again, Please get a deposit before starting any work

J

john1

Hey everyone, I hope all is well this holiday season.

Had a trucking company about 2 hours away call me yesterday and needs 2 sets of basic lettering with the business name shipped out to him. Just basic Arial bold in grass green on a white background.

I took the full payment over the phone and he paid with a card. Told him i will be sending him over a proof for him to approve before these would be made and shipped.

Now i can't get ahold of the guy and i have called and left a message and emailed him.

I'm glad that i received the payment up front because if i had done the work and then couldn't get ahold of him, I would have thought he was screwing around.

Just a word to the wise, I know this is still a concept not everyone does (Get payment up front)

OlsonSigns601

I had a guy order two banners, and paid 1/2 down and I ageed to drop them off when they were done. However he wasnt there when I arrived and I told his wife I couldnt leave the banners unless I got paid. Mostly demanded payment because when we called to have him check his email for the proof the lady on the phone said in spanish "do I tell them he is not here?" not knowing my receptionist speaks spanish.

After they made a phone call to the owner I was paid in cash from the drawer.

I think making the gesture of 1/2 down makes sure they know the full price and know payment is due on delivery. Also acting shocked when they tell you they will get a check to you later and that is a problem tonot be paid right away has yet to impair returning customers and ensures im not spending more money to have someone keep calling.

I would also never ship until paid in full.