• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

air in the line

agent_k

i think i have air in my cyan line the ink is not going to the head. does anyone no how to fix this problem.:help

Rooster

Fix the leak?

A better description of the set-up and problem is typically required before anyone can offer any useful advice. What have you observed, what have you tried already, what were the results, what machine is it on, what kind of ink are you using, what kind of delivery system?

agent_k

value jet 1604

the printer is a value jet 1604 i tried a little charge. i also changed the ink cleaned the head im just not getting the ink to the head of the printer. and i dont no how to get the air out of the line.

TheSnowman

On my Mimaki, I had to replace the pumps when it had "air in the line", because it wasn't the air that was the problem. The different colors quit printing one by one, until I had NOTHIN'. Once I replaced the pumps, and I did a fill up, everything was fine. Not sure about how a valujet works, but if that helps any, take it for what it's worth.

Bradster941

The 1st. thing is to figure out how the air got there. (Like Rooster said).
Then fix that problem.

Search for Syringe methode to purge the lines.

Rooster

Can you draw ink through the line at where the damper seals at the head.

Remove the damper and try and draw ink through it. If it comes in all bubbly, you have an air leak somewhere. Usually they occur at the cartridge or damper seal. Using refillable cartridges too many times is a common cause of this.

If you have difficulty drawing ink through the line you may have a restriction or clog in the line.

If it draws through without air or difficulty then your pump may be bad, or your capping station seal is worn or dirty preventing it from getting any suction on the head.