• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air in the lines of my BN20

Sdenisew

I've had my Roland BN20 for 2 years. I was having trouble recently with magenta not printing. Did the usual troubleshooting and decided to replace the dampers, wipers, and cap station. It worked for a month or so and now nothing is printing! I have so many air bubbles in the lines and I'm not sure what to do. I've ran a lot medium cleanings. I soaked the print head over night and now it's just bits of black printing but not much. I'm not sure what my other options are before I have to think that a new print head is needed. I'm attaching pictures to show what I'm referring to. If any suggestions could be given I would appreciate it.
IMG_4635.jpg
IMG_4636.jpg

damonCA21

OK there should never be any air in the lines, so you need to track down how it is getting in there. It can be down to leaking o-rings at the print cartridge dock, tiny holes in the line, cracked manifolds on the dampers or the cap top is not sealing against the head properly when the head is docked. It could also be a bad pump is letting air back in through it.

It won't be a problem with the head itself, so changing that won't make any difference.

The first thing i would do is remove the ink lines from the damper and slowly draw ink through them with a syringe and see if any air appears in the lines. If it does you know the problem is between the cartridge and the input to the damper. If not you know the problem is between the damper and the output of the pump

damonCA21

As it is effecting more than one line, I would be looking at the captop and pump first though as its unusual for bad joints in the pipes to effect so many of them.
Don't do any more cleanings or head soaks as this could damage the head

adamfromayr

Hi babe, I had this also Good chance its the o-rings like Damon said you know the small brass nuts? make sure they are all tight also? were any of them loose?

I had the same issue

jus.hila

You may have to change the print head fuse. This happened to me, I blew the fuse because i was at the end of the roll
and it stopped rolling and my print head just going over the same spot. After that nothing printed, I changed the cap top
dampers etc and it turns out it was just the print head fuse.