• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alright! fresh brains to pic!

Number 9

Hey all, great lookin site.
My name is Raymond.... & ya everyone loves me.
I live in Ontario Canada
I've been in the sign biz for about 6 years now, after the slump in the automotive industry put a kink in my workable hours as a machinist.
I started on my own cutting vinyl stickers as a hobby not making a dime for friends & family and eventually landed me a job with a company that makes traffic signs for numerous municipalities.
Although I don't mind my job, the same signs day in & day out get a little tiring & I find myself chomping at the bit for custom sign or graphic.
Over the last 5 years working for someone else also has worn thin, so I decided to get back into doing my own thing & opened a home based business called Number 9 Sign Design.
This time around with the help of a new VersaCAMM sp-540i, I hope to profit enough doing side jobs to one day be on my own.
Thats where all you come it, the printing biz is real new to me & I almost have to relearn what is possible now that I'm not limited to just cutting vinyl.
Thanx in advance to all, talk to you soon.

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Welcome raymond, happy to have another sign company with a number in thier name!

Tony - onlinesignguy.com
thirteen kustom graphix

The Equipment Guy

Hiya Raymond,

I am another Ontario newbie to this forum. I am in Oakville. If you were in the Automotive trade I am gonna take 3 guesses...you are either her in Oakville, Oshawa or Orangeville?

Anyhow welcome from one new guy to another, if I can ever help out, I have been around the Ontario sign industry though for a couple of decades...

Craig

Number 9

lol Craig don't you know it....
Oshawa... that was gonna be your first guess right?
Thanx for the hello's, now if I can get this thing to pay for itself:toasting:

Craig, you look familiar, did you used to work for ND?..... I think I talked with you at a Consac show a couple years back?

unfortunately it is my opinion that you should identify a need, a niche, or an opportunity and then buy the equipment that will allow you to exploit it versus buying equipment and then looking for ideas to make a profit.

build your design skills that will set you apart from the thousands of others who are doing what you are thinking of doing. if you do not have those skills hire a designer as you do not want to become known for poorly designed, ineffective work.

Rodi

At first, because of the title of your thread, I thought this was a ZOMBIE posting, but now I realize you just like us…

Hello