• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alternative for using flatbed cutter

bpp

I have a flatbed printer, two roll-to-roll printers, and a 5x10 flatbed Colex cutter. Occasionally, I have large acrylic jobs or the sorts that take up the cutting table, preventing me from cutting vinyl banners and decals. Is there an affordable solution 5-10k for cutting just vinyl banners, photo paper, and decals? I sometimes need to cut 15-50 ft long banners, but it's not an everyday requirement.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I don't know of anything in that price range, although you might be able to find a used XY cutter if you do long runs of the same size prints. New XY cutters are going to be $30K or more.

Evan Gillette

From what I have been looking at the last couple years, a decent xy cutter is more expensive than an entry level flatbed like a summa. Either way you are looking north of 50-60k. If you are feeling adventurous you could probably direct import an xy cutter but good luck if you run into any issues with software or need parts. Im not sure where the muira cutters are made but the cutworx flatbeds have some visually identical Chinese cousins floating around.