• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ambulance logo pricing?

RG

Hello, all. I've been asked to give a price quote for removing the old logo and cutting & installing a new, three-color, logo on both sides of an ambulance. The area to be covered is about 2'X4'. I figure it will take about 16 square feet of vinyl for both sides. Removing the old reflective logo is what I dread. Should that be a separate charge? This is my first ambulance. So, any suggestons as to what to charge per square foot will be appreciated. I don't want to price myself out of the ballpark. But, then again, I know what those folks charge for a ride. Thanks!

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
We only quote an hourly rate on the removal. Or imagine the most time it could possibly take and then double it for the removal and hope we don't get the job. Reflective is the worst!

Maybe 320.00 on the new.

RG

Thanks, Red Ball. I am thinking about suggesting that the ambulance company get a quote for removal from a body shop down the road from me. They have a zapper. And, if they mess it up, then they can repaint it.

njshorts

Red Ball is pretty dead-on here, just charge a few hours for removal and take your time with a pink scraper to remove... LOTS of patience.

yep................charge an hourly rate for removal. removal will always take longer than expected when it comes to reflective so charge accordingly!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We do a LOT of ambulances and yes Red Ball pretty much hit it. I've not yet tried it but we recently got a bottle in of a new vinyl remover specifically for reflective. Fellers carries it. One other thing you will want to be aware of - if it is a box ambulance sometimes the paint adhesion on the box is substandard so be careful that you do not pull the paint off with the decal..... If it's just a van unit with factory paint you should be fine though. Unless of course it's ever been repainted...

Jillbeans

Hourly rate for removal, and plan on a long time.
Use a hair dryer to heat up the old stuff, a lil chisler, and rapid remover to get rid of the adhesive.
Remember to add the cost of the RR into the bid.
Also have some sort of a disclaimer on your proposal saying you are not responsible for any paint damage caused by the removal.
I don't post prices out in the open forum so I can't help you with that part.
I also don't price by the square foot.
Love.....Jill

RG

Thanks, Jill. Great advice about a disclaimer. I was already thinking about that. I checked with a body shop guy down the road from me and he won't even consider removing the old vinyl.