• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

American Building logo concept

Pinfinity

I just started working on a concept for a custom home builder, and would appreciate any feedback and or constructive criticism.

Thanks much

Attachments

• Logo concepts 6-13-14.jpg
    Logo concepts 6-13-14.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 90

Speedsterbeast

When asking for feedback the goal is to find obvious broken rules regarding design, layout, kerning etc. Then we look deeper for things that we tend not to like, either personal opinion or trends that we like or dislike. I couldn't find a thing. As far as I'm concerned; you're done. Nicely done.

J Hill Designs

my only critique is that the A's in that font are a bit hard to make out. you can tell what they are due to context, but yeah.

looks good though :thumb:

Pinfinity

Thank you for your professional and unbiased opinion of the logo concept I developed. I truly agree with your thinking, and believe in the rules you have outlined .

Appreciate

Pinfinity

Thank you "J" I see what you mean re the "A" . You have been a contributor on this site for a long time, and I respect your wisdom.

Thanks again

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Before you start feeling all warm and fuzzy...

There's too much house and too much 'American'. Too little 'Building Concepts' and a tiny tag line that's lost in the scrum.

That constructive enough for you sparky?

TimToad

Conceptually, I think it looks great and you should feel really good about it. My initial observations about it are that the house and rounded top size are a bit big while the "American" text feels cramped just a tad in its dedicated "panel". The "we build relationships" banner and text is crowding the ribbon banner above it and could either be moved away a little or done away with and have another rounded extension of your top half circle come down behind the ribbon banner with your "we build relationships" text float in that. An italicized font for that slogan might loosen things up a little too.

Is the "A" the only character with flourishes like that in the font set? Is there a non-flourished "A" included with the font?

OldPaint

did ya think to google AMERICAN BUILDINGS...one of the bigger metal building companies....and many others use it..

Marlene

it looks nice but I'm not sure what they do as it says building concepts and we build relationships. the we build relationships means nothing to anyone and they might want to consider getting rid of that. the building concepts could mean they design buildings but it doesn't say they build them. the design looks good, what it lacking is info on their part as to what they do

JgS

I think it's beautiful. I just also think you have too much going on in it. Unless the customer really wants the tagline on the logo I would remove it. Also I think the house is either too light or too big but it feels like it is half way between being a prominent part on the design and an accent. I think it needs to be one or the other.

shoresigns

We build relationships? Do they want customers to invite them over for BBQs and send them Christmas cards? I'd rather hire someone who builds buildings.