• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Annoying Onyx color issue

C

ColoPrinthead

Last week I seemed to discover a color issue with Onyx 10. I first thought I was having an issue with my printers having head drop out but after some testing realized it was actually the RIP. It seems that when I copy a file in the RIP the copied file loses saturation and does no match the originally imported file. Luckily I have leeway with what I was printing and was able to match up lighter colored prints and still use them, and importing the file multiple times is a work around. I still think this is a stoopid issue for onyx to have but wanted to share and see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

here are some pics of the originally imported print and that of the copied. These are the same source file, the lighter was copied in the RIP.

picture.php

picture.php

Bly

I suppose I should consider myself lucky then.
The copy function doesn't even work for me.

C

ColoPrinthead

are you talking about copying / repasting the file in the RIP or setting multiple copies in the print dialogue?
The rick-click "copy to" function that allows one to copy the job to another printer or duplicate it on the same.