• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another pc600 question and despreate for help

rodhot

Hello everybody, new to the site but glad I found it. I've read alot of the post about the pc600 and alot if not all you cats are in dislike of it. Well I just got one about 2 weeks ago before I found out this site. So it's to late now but I do have a problem. I've tried downloading the driver from Roland site but I do not know what to do with it after that. When I click on it at their site it ask me if I want to run or save. After I save or run it how do I get to show up under add new printer. Then I'm kinda lost on what todo. I have Windows Xp and I'm using Corel 9. Have a pnc 1000 that I bought new in 1988 and was still running it off windows 3.1 believe it or not, but that old pc took a lightening hit about a month ago so I thought I would try out another cutter and ended up buying the 600. Any help is so greatly appreciated. I'm down and think i'm going to loose some customers. So please any info is great. Thanks to everyone in advance, Scott

AUTO-FX

i think you need "co-cut" software or something, dont you? i'm pretty sure you're gonna need additional software. I ran 'em with flexi - used to have a couple of those pc600's when they first came out. i remember this- dont try to do anything really big- just sub it out. The lower the resolution, the better the results on anything bigger than a paper plate, unless you can do everything in spot colors. Spot colors work the best on those things. Take the time to set your stepping to minimize banding. And frog juice everything right after you print and cut - also helps minimize banding tremendously. Those machines were pretty decent for doing labels and club decals, parking decals, stuff like that. Also good for doing small decals for doming.

rodhot

Sorry about that. Names Scott, born and raised in Leavenworth, Kansas, Been messing around with lettering for little over 20 yrears now. Do all my work out of my home and on the side for some extra income for my hobbies.
Read your answer and I've read that on here also but also read that you can just do everything out of Corel to. Thats some of why I'm confused on getting this thing going. Thanks for your help. Scott

AUTO-FX

Great, nice to have you and good luck. If knowbody answers you today, try bumping your thread this evening , there's gotta be somebody running a 600 out of corel that can help you!

you can do everything out of corel you will need to setup a custom palette and then assign a color as your cutline (there are a few settings in setting this up but nothing hard, been many years since i have dealt with it but for example the attributes of the color need to be set to hairline and when you assign that color it will make a very slight outline that is the cutline)

rodhot

I've seen that on other forums before, Bump, does that move back to the top? Not sure how todo that. Thanks again, sorry about the questions.

rodhot

I have read that you have to setup for cutting and printing by putting the name in the printer dialog box. Theres no listing for it and this is where I'm getting stuck.

rodhot

Got settings in Corel ok, and have driver saved to desktop folder but I can't figure out what todo now. It's the driver info but I don't think it's installing and I can't find anything in printer setup. Any help is appreciated.

rodhot

Thanks, got all the manuals and cleaning info off the roland sight. Just can't seem to get the driver to load. It ask me to choose between save or run. I've did it both ways but still no listing of cutter in printer setup dialog box. I will keep asking around, Thanks

yukon

I used to have a PC60, predecessor to the 600. Have you tried updating the driver (after saving to your hard drive when asked open or save) through Device manager in Control Panel? Also, does the PC600 appear as a printer in your list of printers?

Yukon