• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another redesign

jtinker

Owner
Redesigned this logo for a client. I'm already done with it and sent it off, he likes it so that jobs done. But I'd like to get your opinions on it :D

Attachments

• DFS LOGO.jpg
    DFS LOGO.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 168
  • logoserv.jpg
    logoserv.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 80

GB2

Old Member
Which one is which?...or maybe you shouldn't tell us so it will be like a blind test.

Well, the first one with the globe:
Pros:
I'm never fond of using globes in logos however it seems very appropriate in this one plus I like the arrangment of vehicles and the symbolic arrow.
Cons:
The colors are a bit too blue and orange.
The company name isn't prominent enough and consequently the symbols are too large.

The second one with the stamp:
Pros:
The name is very prominent and the text looks good overall.
The contrasting black is a good change from the other although there may not be quite enough contrast within the whole image.
Cons:
I do not like the plane in the non-typical location on the side of the truck flying too low, I prefer it in it's rightful place as the highest vehicle.
The flamey tip of the orange services panel is too much, for that matter the waves on the orange panel may also be too much.

I would say the second one with the stamp is the better one.

Jillbeans

I agree...which is which?
Both have issues.
A logo doesn't have to be so all-encompassing.
Featuring everything they do makes it too cluttered on the first one, the name is lost.
The scale of each thing should be correct. Boat looks more like a cruise ship.
The banner clips the name in the corners, that would have been more effective not angled.
While I prefer the icon on the second example, the squished text on the top line makes me stabby.
And LLC should never have more weight than the actual name.
The colors in all of them are problematic. Too many, too busy.
Love....Jill

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Both examples, with some tweaking, would make decent signs. Unfortunately they make terrible logos.

Step back and try to remember just what a logo is supposed to be. A brand, much like a cattle brand. A simple symbol representing the organization. The operative work here is 'simple'.

A logo is not a sign or a newspaper ad complete with organization name and ancillary information, tag lines, and perhaps phone and address as well. Unfortunately the vast majority of logos, by those who damn well ought to know better, seem to feature these sorts of things. Admittedly including the name of the organization isn't necessarily a deadly sin but the rest of it is.