• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help another wanting to start sign business

Steve Middleton

I'm in a somewhat similar situation to the OP. 72 yrs old, and retired after selling my business 3 years ago(to an employee). I moved out of state after 35 years to be closer to family and decided I'm not ready for the rocking chair so I purchased a laser engraving machine. I HOPE to turn this into a small business but also recognize the very sharp learning curve involved, more o each day I'll add, so I don't expect any meaningful income the first 2 years? I have no debt so that's not a pressure point but I also recognize that I'm not putting in the 60+ hours/week like I used to. It's been an interesting thread which I'll continue to follow. FWIW I'm don't know if I'm an innovator but I do "think outside the box" and have achieved some small successes thanks to that.

pinkiss

72yrs old with laser engraver, rock on MAN :) hit local hardware store pickup some metal sheets do some fence signs, mail boxes whatever works, this site seems to have a lot of veterans that are large/medium shops and do many different things, but under that tough surface i see a lot of genuine people that are always ready to help or answer any questions. whatever you make money or design something for someone until you like and love what you do its fine, i know if i was stuck for cash and this was last resort it would be different story, but Ive got savings and hustle on the side and whenever i get to cut something be it for myself or some random request, i feel always proud since its something that was made by me, not ordering from china or getting someone else to pay.