• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Antique sign reproductions

B-RAD Graphics

its crazy that we spend time making things look old and vintage..I mean its way cool and people love it...but i am sure these sign painters did'nt have a clue that there signs would be worth so much..:thumb:

OldPaint

yea we did and we got PAID MORE for the work then, also))))))))))) i seen days of $500-600 in an 8 hour period, with way less then $50 in materials, can you imagine all that PROFIT????

Pat Whatley

yea we did and we got PAID MORE for the work then, also))))))))))) i seen days of $500-600 in an 8 hour period, with way less then $50 in materials, can you imagine all that PROFIT????

Ahhh....the good old days back when all sign painters were getting rich, had a chauffeur driving them around in the bucket truck, brush handles were diamond encrusted solid gold, and lettering one car tag could make you enough money to live for a month!

B-RAD Graphics

:omg::omg:..da good old days...work a couple days and then kick back on da beach..:thumb:...but I wasnt even born yet....hehehehhe ..

WrapperX

This is like people going out and buying jeans and hats that are already beat the hell up - rips, tears, and bleach stains on them to make them look worn in. Yet they just paid $60 for a pair of pants that will certainly deteriate faster then a new pair of pants without holes in them.

Sure, that vintage, classic look is cool - but its not just the look of it that makes it nice. Its the true history that it has experienced that, I think, makes it REALLY cool. Without the history or the natural aging of these products, its just old LOOKING and not really anything special.

But, I guess if people by torn up jeans, why shouldn't they buy old looking signs...and I guess pay out the nose for them at that.

ericmitchell29

I love vintage as well... but I think its bigger than just the signs, and what not.
I think people are longing for a more innocent time in our history. Back when family values and morals were actually something that existed.

Maybe I'm crazy but thats what I think of when I am looking at vintage things.

B-RAD Graphics

Nope you're not crazy, I feel the same way! That's why I really enjoy shows like Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire, it's so cool to see how different life was in those days.

:thumb: yes..I am working on my family tree and its wild some of the things I am finding out...many artists in my blood line...and some things I rather not mention..:Big Laugh