• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any body keep credit cards on file?

juan45215

I just got a letter from the sign company I use for extra large banners. They are now requiring either a credit application or a credit card on file.
I was thinking about the credit card idea for my shop, but not sure if there are legal ramifications. Seems like it would help get us paid faster.

wildside

we do not keep this info on file, and even if you do, you still need permission on each transaction to process the card, whether it be in a invoice, statement, small wording etc.... otherwise the ole' "i didn't authorize it" statement is entered into the equation

by what i understand, they want a card on file, if you fail to pay, they charge the card and then let you fight it out with the credit card company if needed.......

we dont do it, but I believe (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) if you do there are a lot of security measures that you have to take to make sure hackers cant get to them

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We've done it for regular customers for years. There is, however, an inherent risk in doing so should you ever be hacked and the card info used by bad guys.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I just went through our PCI compliance. We described how we handle CC numbers, how many charges, amount of charges, etc., and answered an online questionnaire. Saved us about $20 a month in non-compliance fees. Also, my understanding is if you aren't in compliance and a bad guy gets someone's CC from you there are very heavy fines.
If asked, we keep our clients CC in our password protected database.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We keep them on file for easy re-ordering. It's nice not to have to call in a CC every time our client's order.

The security of the cards is something we take very seriously though.