• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any problems with Avery Etchmark?

williaty

After requesting samples from just about everyone out there, it turns out Avery Etchmark is the closest fit to the look I'm after. However, I've read so many horror stories about problems with Avery vinyl, I'm a little gunshy about buying anything from them. Has anyone used Avery Etchmark? Has anyone had problems with it? Other thoughts on it?

Jillbeans

I have not tried it, to be honest.
But I wouldn't try it anyway, having been bitten pretty hard by Avery.
Have you checked out Oracal's etched look vinyls?
Have had really nice results from those, both the fine and the coarse.
Love.....jill

MGraphics

Same here have used it hundres of times in corporate office for there window graphics... I always put the big ones on wet but like mobil said... very hard to remove....

Jesse_gvi

I hate Avery.

But I use Avery Etchmark. Oracal Etch either doesn't stick to transfer tape or doesn't want to come off the backer. Either way, it makes cut designs a nightmare to apply. Well, maybe not a nightmare, but I'd say Avery is a lot easier to work with.

Sticky Signs

I find Avery to be very unforgiving compared to mac tac. Every little blemish shows up and you can't get rid of them.

showcase 66

Have not tried it either. Not a big fan of Avery. I guess I should get over the burn I got from them, and try more of there stuff to see if it has changed for the better.
I have had no problems with Oracal's etch vinyl.

Let us know your thoughts after you use it.

THanks

williaty

I have looked at everything except the 3M films (priced too high for what I do). The Oracal offerings just are ugly, IMO. The MacTac Glass Decor 700 Dusted looks very, very nice in the day but nearly disappears from the glass at night when lit from the front with interior lights. I figure most people would rather see the film day and night, and the Etchmark does that better.