• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any problems with this wrap?

Pat Whatley

I don't do a whole lot of full wraps, intentionally. This one I'm going to do, however, because I do a lot of work for these people and the "BEEF WAGON" kind of has sentimental value to me.

I'm looking at this thinking it will be pretty easy but I thought I'd ask if anybody saw anything difficult on here. Everything red is being covered. I've never installed a full wrap, just partials. Full wraps I've always brought in a "hired gun" guy who does outstanding work but he's not going to be available for this one so chances are it's just me.

While I'm at it they also mentioned getting the cow wrapped. I said it needed paint, not a wrap.

Attachments

• The_Beef_Wagon.jpg
    The_Beef_Wagon.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 111

kstompaint

Pat, it doesn't look very shiny. Less "agressive" surfaces like that are more prone to failure. Clean, clean, clean and then clean some more. As far as the dimension, it doesn't look too bad. I would definitely remove as many trim pieces as possible, like the headlight rings, etc. Having had my fair share of monkeying with old cars, this may be challenging on its own, but will help hold down the vinyl in those areas.

... and I agree, the cow needs paint.

Checkers

I guess it depends on what you refer to as "problems".

At a quick glance, I would be concerned about the paint too, but I would be concerned more about failure or the paint peeling off if you had to reposition the graphics.

For someone who doesn't "wrap", this isn't the type of vehicle you want to start on, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Post the design and I might be singing a different tune though.

Checkers

WrapperX

Paint is too old, too old to complete the wrapping.

This is true...looking at it, it looks to be the original paint - which in most cases is good. Something this old however would make me worry. And I would agree that this should NOT be your first full wrap.

On a side note, this van is awesome...freaking hilarious! How do they get away with the big cow on top of the roof. I would think that would be some sort of vehilce violation! Either way, it has a classic vintage look. Maybe a FULL WRAP isn't the way to go with this particular vehicle. Like mixing Modern Architechture with Classic Structures...not always the best idea.

luggnut

i'm not a wrap guru , but i would be concerned about the older paint... and the concave areas especially around the headlights...

300mphGraphics

On a side note, this van is awesome...freaking hilarious! How do they get away with the big cow on top of the roof. I would think that would be some sort of vehilce violation! Either way, it has a classic vintage look. Maybe a FULL WRAP isn't the way to go with this particular vehicle. Like mixing Modern Architechture with Classic Structures...not always the best idea.
Exactly my thoughts. I think it's perfect as is. Better be a very effective message. Classic.

WrapperX

i'm not a wrap guru , but i would be concerned about the older paint... and the concave areas especially around the headlights...

The concaves on here aren't so bad if you consider what a lot of newer vehicles look like ie: HHRs, VW Bugs, PT Cruisers, etc. But you are correct about the paint.

zapblam

Client already has far more eyecatching attention than any graphic or wrap could ever do. Would be fun to decal something like that.