• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Any Roland electrical geeks in the house? IC check slot error

burney

Im not sure if this error is actually causing me any problems,my test print is perfect but i do have issues with spot colour CMYK ratios not being correct in VW (i made another thread about that).

I want to know what causes this slot error? i would guess it`s slot 1 cartridge not seated on the sensor or something but i used other (same colour) carts in that slot and i get the same error.Ive cleaned the sensor,the little green circuit board which pins touch the in cartridge chip.

So then i tried disconnecting the cable to the sensor at the back of the carts (see pic),even if i disconnect all of the cables i still just get an error on slot 1.
So where is it getting this error from if the cables/sensors arent even plugged in?

I think i have a roland engineer calling me back tomorrow regarding my other post and this CMYK spot colours changing in VW,but i wonder if this is related to it and im too impatient to wait for a call back and they were none the wiser in any case during the last call.

Attachments

• IC check slot 1 error.jpg
    IC check slot 1 error.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IC connections.jpg
    IC connections.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 25

Novadon

LEF2-200
You should probably post in the Roland section and at a minimum state what model is in discussion. ;)

Last edited:

burney

The roland engineer admitted defeat, he went away and replicated the problem he said it was with older printers so dont expect a fix as the dont care about old models.
My VS300i has firmware 2.0,im not entirely sure how to update the firmware on the actual printer, i know how to do it to the software and that is up to date. ill hunt for `how to` later.
Bit weird as versaworks 6 suddenly worked,i printed off a test and it was all good then for no reason at all,just a few clicks in settings it reverted back to it`s problem.

There was a update with the IC chips. You should update to the latest firmware. I had such a problem a while ago with a XC-540.
When you say you had the same problem do you mean with the IC chip error or your spot colours not setting as they should do ?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
The latest firmware is 2.4. You can get it from Roland's Support page for that printer. Do this first. I may make the rest of these instructions unnecessary.
There could be a problem with the cartridge sensor causing this as well. Check that out.
If you can get into the service menu, you can check the status of the cartridges - Go to IS Menu > Cartridges > Slot 1 - This will tell you if no cartridge is installed, no IC chip is detected, a system error, or data error on the chip - if everything is good, you can scroll through the info on the chip - SN, Lot number, ink type, etc.
Then run an IC Check - remove all cartridges before starting the IC check. Then put in slot 1. You'll either get a message that says COMPLETED or ERROR. Pull out slot 1, then put in slot 2, etc. If you have more than one slot with an error, I'd be looking at the ink tank board. If it's just one slot, then these tests should point to the defective part.

Good Luck