• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Any Suggestions on Laminators

ikarasu

Our rs came, and we love it.

We went from a Seal 54 Base... Which we've had for 10 years and had someone not knifed it, would for another 10 - But even comparing it to Seal... the RS Is a huuuuge upgrade.

It takes us under 5 minutes to laminate a roll - That includes loading, setting up the knives to cut off excess trim... and taping it up to the take up reel. It says it does 20 FT a second... but I think thats probably exagerated, it takes maybe 2 minutes to laminate a full roll though once its taped up... And it'll cut off any excess - It will telescope left / right by maybe 1/8 of an inch.... But when you have included knives that will cut that 1/8" off, who cares! Especially with the speed trade off.

Our production guy used to hate laminating, now he doesn't mind it - he'll print 4-5 rolls in a day and let them build up... then spend 30 minutes and get them all laminated. No babysitting the laminator for 15-20 minutes manually cutting off any overhang (Theres always overhang... For some reason Overlam is slightly bigger than vinyl, especially if you use 3M overlam and avery vinyl).

Love our RS, and we're already in talks to buy a second one to dedicate it to magnet / Reflective vinyl mounting... we do about 40 rolls of that a month, have a dedicated laminator thats ancient for it... And it takes 1 guy like a week to do. I can see us knocking it out in under a day, maybe 2 on a RS.... Definatelly wouldnt hesitate to buy another RS.

I will say, I will never buy another laminator that doesnt have the auto cutting knives though - It's awesome... Must have feature.