• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any thoughts?

Marie

My customer is a non-profit, community service group with a Christian outlook. They want purple and gold colors, a cross, and their slogan incorporated in their art. Take a look at the two thoughts that I have had so far. All I see is a hot mess at this point. Thanks!

Attachments

• lsc.jpg
    lsc.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 86
I think the second one has too much negative space and doesn't really flow together. It just seems very much disjointed.

The first one I really like. I think it's a solid layout with one exception. I would not adjust the tracking on "community" like you have done to match the width of the line of copy above it. I think if you just leave the tracking the same on both lines it will look just fine, if not much better. To me it looks weird the way it is.

Jillbeans

I like the top one a lot, just modify the a and r in Cares.
Yeah, and what was said about community.
Love....Jill

Marie

Here is a revised ver. A. I adjusted kerning between "RT", modified the "a", and bumped the "r" to the left a little. Thanks for your input!!

Attachments

• lsc2.jpg
    lsc2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 73

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Here is a revised ver. A. I adjusted kerning between "RT", modified the "a", and bumped the "r" to the left a little. Thanks for your input!!

Looks like 'Life Support Caves' at first glance. Lose that awful script.

Regardless, the thing itself makes little to no sense and you've deftly captured that with a layout that also makes no sense. Start over.

DrCAS

Another design exercise while watching hockey...

I liked the basic layout. I used some different fonts. Trajan Bold heavied up a bit and LHF Sophia Script which I tweaked quite a bit. I used Futura Light Condensed for the sub copy. I really liked the cross and added an inner concave shade for some depth. I did a different rays of right which wasn't as informal as the original.

I really should be doing housework instead of this pro bono design helping stuff... LOL! Life Support Cares.jpg

Marie

We close at 1 pm on Fridays (don't be too jealous :wink:) so I haven't attacked this little project since last week. Thanks for all of the ideas - especially like DrCas's mock-up. Being from not just the South - but from the DEEP South, I do get tired of logos that incorporate a cross and realize that I have been a little slap-dash on this one. Your comments will help me get back on track!