• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anybody have a graphtec fc4100-130 plus?

gabagoo

I need to find out something about this plotter. We have one and it is a workhorse. I recently moved the machine about 6 feet in our production office and now in the morning when we start it up, the rollers keep going and it doesn't seem to be able to detect any vinyl. I can see the light sensors on the front but the one on the rear of the plotter looks like it may have dropped down. I can't remember if it is supposed to look like the one in the front or does it sit recessed on the back not visible. Right now it just looks like a cutout in the metal and I can't see the sensor. Can anyone verify if indeed thats the way it is supposed to look?

When we first received the plotter I never liked the idea of resetting the machine each time we loaded vinyl, so I covered the rear sensor with a decal so it would think there was always vinyl in the machine. Each morning I would set the rollers out as far as possible and let it set up with no vinyl actually in the unit. When the head came back down to the origin the rollers will naturally roll backwards looking for the front edge of the vinyl and then it sets itself. All I would have to do was to pass my finger over the front sensor and it would think it had fouind the edge. From that point forward, the rest of the day we could load vinyl and cut immediately. After I moved the machine 90 degrees from where it was the problem startred. I wondered if it was the overhead lights effecting it so I removed the decal on the back sensor and realized that I could see no sensor. IT may have loosened and dropped down or maybe thats the way it is supposed to be. In any case it is now a fight to get the unit to set itself up in the morning and I am unsure what is causing it. any help would be greatly appreciated