• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody here deal with Ryan Homes - NVR, Inc?

TopFliteGraphics

I was contacted the other day by Ryan Homes, a national homebuilder that is going to start building in my area. They contacted me because I deal with D.R. Horton Homes and somebody from DRH has gone to work in their new Southeast Florida Division. The gal I talked to said that I "came highly recommended" which was nice to hear. Today, they sent me their 69 page Exterior Signage Specifications Guide.

If you have had personal dealings with them, can you email me or give me a call. I'd like to get the lowdown from somebody with experience with this client.

My questions are:

How are they to deal with?
How well/quickly do they pay?
Do you get deposits from them?
Plus a few others that I'd rather not post in a general forum

Billct2

Wow, they have a lot of unhappy customers and multiple websites devoted to problems with them. But from the sounds of it they're satisfied with schlock work from their subs, so should be easy to keep them happy :Big Laugh just get 50% down and balance on install.

TopFliteGraphics

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/housing/ryan.html

Might be hard to walk away from the size of the order. But based upon these reviews from home owners of ryan homes. I wouldn't do business with them. If they treat paying customers like that I could only imagine the hell you will get trying to be a vendor for them. RUN

Based on that website, I would not be doing business with my #1 customer - D.R. Horton Homes. They have an even lower rating. As a matter of fact, after looking at the other builders' ratings on that site, I'd say don't ever deal with any home builder - They pretty much almost ALL had terrible ratings - except KB Homes. They were the only one over 2-1/2 stars out of 5.

For the record, D.R. Horton has been very good to me. They always pay within 30 days and I have had zero issues with them in almost 5 years. Plus, in my previous 5-6 years dealing with them prior to 2006, they were great to me then as well.

MDKAOD

I did Ryan signage for a broker. We had trouble getting paid by the broker who cited he hadn't been paid by Ryan. Plan on 120 out, and plan on fighting for it. [Edit] Not saying you'll have the same experience, just plan for it.

TopFliteGraphics

I did Ryan signage for a broker. We had trouble getting paid by the broker who cited he hadn't been paid by Ryan. Plan on 120 out, and plan on fighting for it. [Edit] Not saying you'll have the same experience, just plan for it.
Was the broker New Home Media?