• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Buy Or Use This Laminator?

player

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-Economic...092223?hash=item2809fa53bf:g:gIsAAOSwstxVAq83

It is very low priced and has feed and take up reels. I would like to get a review and opinion of someone who has actually used it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 240
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 174
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 157
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 178

Chasez

Never heard of it (also don't see any brand). I would be weary about buying a no name machine. From what I've heard the rolls may not be straight or last very long. If anyone can prove me wrong with this I'd be happy to hear about it.

Chaz

rjssigns

Lets see, $1200 + $300 shipping + possible international processing and customs charges. The last part means we're going to run the price up because we can, and hold your product in customs until it rots or you've forgotten about it. Oh you wanted it delivered to your shop? That's extra too.

I'd say go for it.:rolleyes:

All jokes aside just get a US TECH like others on the forum. They seem quite happy and the buying process seems to be quite simple.

player

Lets see, $1200 + $300 shipping + possible international processing and customs charges. The last part means we're going to run the price up because we can, and hold your product in customs until it rots or you've forgotten about it. Oh you wanted it delivered to your shop? That's extra too.

I'd say go for it.:rolleyes:

All jokes aside just get a US TECH like others on the forum. They seem quite happy and the buying process seems to be quite simple.

Except USTECH only offer a model with front and rear take-up reels for $5,200 USD. Plus shipping and evverything else to me here in Canada. The other problem I would have is the weight of that model. My location won't allow an 800 pound unit, and I need to roll it into position and then roll it back into another spot when I am done. The one I posted is 280 pounds. I know the USTECH is a better unit, and heavier is better, but my circumstances require some concessions.

Vinyldog

I like the look of it. The adjustment wheel on the front is a nice feature. You can find out what the freight will be easy enough. I suspect the rubber on the rollers will loose their compliance quickly, but that purely speculation. I have no experience with the product.

reQ

I was looking at the same machine from China, but the only reason i did not pull the trigger is that i will be ordering flatbed laminator. I do not agree about customs holding your purchase for very long time. Longest i had to wait was a week (and it was over $5k purchase)

player

I was looking at the same machine from China, but the only reason i did not pull the trigger is that i will be ordering flatbed laminator. I do not agree about customs holding your purchase for very long time. Longest i had to wait was a week (and it was over $5k purchase)

Yes I know someone who ordered some +1000 items from China and went to Montreal and picked them up himself. No problems other than usual bs and aggravation.

reQ

Yes I know someone who ordered some +1000 items from China and went to Montreal and picked them up himself. No problems other than usual bs and aggravation.

Yup. And for the price, worst case scenario you will have good vinyl mounting machine :)

Andy D

Yup. And for the price, worst case scenario you will have good vinyl mounting machine :)

Yeah, or what I would do is have it dedicated to transfer tape...

If you end up getting it please let us know how well it is working for you.

I seem to remember seeing an almost indentical laminator at SGIA last year. Just looked around real quick as we weren't in the market for a new one. Looked like they knew what they were doing when they made it. Just a cheap china laminator. I beleive the price was around $3000.