• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone else having trouble with Versaworks 4.1.1

threeputt

At launch today Versaworks asked to download the latest upgrade.

Now all .tif files sent to it for print are displaying really wierd. All lines and mishapen. Eps files display and print fine.

What has happened? I've re-started the computer. I've restarted Versaworks both to no avail.

Ideas?

Make sure that you are sending an uncompressed TIF file to the Versaworks RIP. LZW compression is not supported and will cause the problems that you are describing.

I will update VW at my facility and post my findings.

Last edited:

threeputt

Thanks. I've talked to a Roland tech and he says almost for sure the file was corrupted somehow in the download.

So what I'm doing now is re-installing VW 3.0. From there I'll go to 3.02 and then to 4.0. (via downloads from Roland)

It's just that the darn upgrades are taking 1.5 hours each to download.

Malkin

It's these sorts of things that have put me off doing any VW upgrades since it was first installed nearly 2 years ago.
I suppose I should just get over it and get it done already.

cgsigns_jamie

Make sure that you are sending an uncompressed TIF file to the Versaworks RIP. LZW compression is not supported and will cause the problems that you are describing.

I will update VW at my facility and post my findings.

Really? Almost every TIFF I've ever sent to VW had LZW compression. I've never had any issues. (I don't send many TIFF's though)

I recently ran into this with one of my customers. He updated VersaWorks from 3 to the latest 4.11 and also experienced the weird multicolored lines. All his tiff files are from an old version of Illustrator... pre CS version i believe.
The fix was to load the tiffs into CS2 or better then re-save the file... or reload an older version of VersaWorks.