• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone ever seen or used one of these? GT-120

Shadowglen

anyone ever seen or used one of these? GTM-120

[video=youtube_share;AtKPeQMAlzI]http://youtu.be/AtKPeQMAlzI[/video]

Looks a little gimmicky, but I could see it being useful also. There is not much info out there. I have yet to see the price anywhere. I did go on the CK-tech site and fired them an email, but have not heard anything back. I typed in GT-120 and ck-tech in the search and found nothing so if this has been covered, please point me to it.

Thanks Dave

Last edited:

letterman7

Seems like it would be fairly easy to build. Nice if you're doing installs by yourself, but past that it's just another tool. No guarantee of getting your stuff level, though, just using the suction cups - trailers aren't always level on the ground.

Shadowglen

Seems like it would be fairly easy to build. Nice if you're doing installs by yourself, but past that it's just another tool. No guarantee of getting your stuff level, though, just using the suction cups - trailers aren't always level on the ground.

I think the levels are just bells and whistles. you always have to measure and stay true to the object. almost all of my installs are solo. If the price tag is nuts I would look into building one but if reasonable I would rather purchase than build.

Toodark I will let you know what I find. Hell Minot, your just a stones throw from us.

Shadowglen

here is the email I received back:

[FONT=&quot]Hello Dave,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]we`re sorry. We got no US-Distributors at this moment. The GTM-System costs 249,00 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]€[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and you can order it here.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best regards[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Karim Hamdan[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]________________________[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CK-Tech [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GmbH & Co. KG[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BÜRORHEINE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hovesaatstr. 6 | D-48432 Rheine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Telefon +49 0 5971 9628809[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fax +49 0 5971 9628809[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mobil +49 0 174 209 38 26[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.ck-tech.de[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CK-Tech GmbH & Co. KG[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Geschäftsführer: Karim Hamdan[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ust.-ID.Nr.: DE 815279730[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Shadowglen

they said they would sell me a system for 300.00 plus 20. shipping. That is just the ends and you use your own vinyl tubes. Looks like time to put the effort into a homemade setup. or just forget I saw it and move on. LOL

Mosh

Never seen anyone use a window washing squeegie to apply "adhesive foils" before. I might give that a try.

Speedsterbeast

Neat idea, but I can't figure out how you would find you exact starting location without unwinding it first.
Or you'd need to have your center line marked and leave extra backing paper and app. tape at the end of the graphic which would be wasteful. Unless I'm missing something

Never seen anyone use a window washing squeegie to apply "adhesive foils" before. I might give that a try.

I only use one when I'm wet applying unmasked avery etch, 3m dusted crystal, or opaque vinyls. never even wanted to try it on premasked graphics, they have other blades tinters use that are stiffer that go into a unger window washing squeegee