• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone ever tried to cut .020 Polystyrene on a Graphtec plotter?

phototec

Anyone ever tried to cut .020 Polystyrene on a Graphtec plotter?

Or any material thicker than typical vinyl material?

What have you cut?

Thanks for any and all info :thankyou:

reQ

thickest material i have cut on my roland was 0.020 magnetic material. It works but i am not big fan of it. wears the machine out a lot

Snydo

Get the CB15U red blade holder, it uses shorter, thicker blades....as long as your not trying to cut anything intricate it will work. Plot as slow as you can go and plan on replacing cutter protection strips regularly. Also- put your plotter between two tables, so your styrene stays as flat as possible while feeding back and forth. You will still have failures so price accordingly.

rdm01

We cut (should probably say score) .020" and .030". Snydo is correct, in that the usual way is goes wrong is the feeding in and out, so you wan the material to be level both front and back. Go slow, lots of force, then pop all the pieces free.

We've even printed on our flat bed with registration and then had the cutter cut out the printed pieces.