• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a firewire board for sale

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I think he was looking for the firewire board for the printer. Not one for a computer. They are known to eventually fail on JV3 machines. I have one off to Kent at MacMedia for repair myself right now....

If all else fails and you have the board that is no longer working send them and email to arrange for repair. They are the only place I know of that repairs those boards by installing a new chip and resistors. Not free but a heckuva lot less than buying a new board from Mimaki.

tcorn1965

I think he was looking for the firewire board for the printer. Not one for a computer. They are known to eventually fail on JV3 machines. I have one off to Kent at MacMedia for repair myself right now....

If all else fails and you have the board that is no longer working send them and email to arrange for repair. They are the only place I know of that repairs those boards by installing a new chip and resistors. Not free but a heckuva lot less than buying a new board from Mimaki.

Boy your not kidding. I just paid a little over $1000.00 for a used one. Thanks for the Macmedia tip. I will send in old board for repair, we have two Jv3 so we are bound to need it sometime.

Terry