• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have info on Roland VersaOBJECT CO-640i-F3?

natallica

Graphics Guru
Our company is considering purchasing a flatbed (Roland VersaOBJECT CO-640i-F3) 4x8 model, and these 'seem' like pretty versatile units (no-pun intended).
I can't seem to find any reviews/videos/opinions etc. on the web, aside from a few 1-3 minute quick videos from Roland showing what it looks like.
Does anyone have any useful info regarding these machines? Aside from the added benefits of flatbed substrate printing, what I'm interested in are the 'value added' up-sells this printer is capable of, such as the 9" height ability to print on various things like USB drives, laptops, and even the Roller add-on device, for printing direct onto water bottles and other cylindrical objects.

My guess is, not many have purchased one of these printers, hence the lack of info on the web. And while we've had use cases for many years on the uses of direct 'flat' printing on board substrates which we would benefit from. I think opening a few other possibilities for printing on oddball shaped items would put us in a pretty good spot in our local market. I'm currently unaware of anyone in our area offering these types of on-demand, one off style of printing.

Thx guys,
-N8

Rmurray321

I have an LEJ-640…which is functionally “the same” just an older version.

They’re nice machines, but HILARIOUSLY slow. If you don’t need the height, consider the Roland EU-1000mf or Mimaki JFX200-2513 instead if you need the bed size.

If you’re also buying the machine for promo items and bottles, I’d choose a smaller more purpose built unit, the large bed is a waste of room if that’s your goal,

Roland in general is a very good bet, excellent company to work with. Solid machines.

mkoons11

Can you please share your general location? Hasco Graphics is a certified Roland DGA dealer, and I can assist you in getting information, print samples, a virtual or live demo, etc. Thanks!