• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone set their laminator between 2 work tables?

Rat_Fink

I was thinking of purchasing the USTECH MVT-500 laminator and placing it between 2 8' shop tables that are lined up even with the rollers.
My thought is that this may be used as a budget flatbed system of sorts since it has electric roll lift and also forward and reverse.
I realize that it is ideal to keep the substrate stationary and move the roller, but at a fraction of the cost of a true flatbed, wouldn't this get the job done?

I rarely have to mount anything over 4'x10'. I also planned on having 1 of the shop tables on wheels so I can easily move it back so I can easily get to the machine to use traditionally as well.

Anyone use their laminator in a setup like this?

gabagoo

I have 2 8' tables / one front, one back, but they don't line up to the laminator. they sit about 6-8" lower. Works for me

Dennis422

Make sure you check the height of your tables.
I believe MVT-500 table is at 32" height. Standard tables are 34" (Or so)

eddesign

tables

We have two tables with a small tables. We can roll in to place and make one large table

Attachments

• lam.jpg
    lam.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 111
  • lam1.jpg
    lam1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 140
different style laminator then the rest. This works perfect. I think a lot better then a standard laminator wedged in between.
Then on the other side is a standard laminator with a 20 foot table in front of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1410[1].jpg
    IMG_1410[1].jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1411[1].jpg
    IMG_1411[1].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 100