• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using Wrights of Lymm?

tbullo

Superunknown
Does anyone have any thoughts on Wrights of lymm gold leaf? I was wondering if their quality of 23K gold was comparable to Italian gold from Art Essentials? Their price even with shipping to the states is much cheaper. If anyone has bought some gold from Wrights of Lymm, how long does it usually take to get here? Any other comments or ideas?

tbullo

Superunknown
I saw them mentioned on here before and was wondering if anyone was buying from them. Their pricing seems almost to good to be true.

Jillbeans

I don't do a lot of leafing, but I absolutely love their brushes.
I've bought stuff from them when in the UK and they are good to deal with.
Shipping might be prohibitive.
Love....Jill

tbullo

Superunknown
Thanks for the response. I was really wondering if their leaf was as good as Italian gold. I have tried some Asian gold before and it does seem a little on the thin side.

tbullo

Superunknown
We actually make paint stencils for Cory St Clair that worked there. He has several how to airbrush videos on that site. Very talented guy. Thanks for the help.

signmeup

I use their double thick 24 carat all the time. Great stuff. Takes a week to get to Canada. Half the price of anything in North America.

tbullo

Superunknown
I went ahead and ordered a 500 pack of 23K gold a couple of weeks ago. The shipping only was 3 days. I saved 350 dollars over anything I normally buy here. Gold seemed to be as good as any Italian gold I have used. The gold transfered nicely unlike the Chinese gold. Very nice people to deal with as well. Since it was an overseas purchased I only had to call the bank to approve the sale, no big deal. I definitely would recommend and will buy from again.

signmeup

Where do you think the vendors in North America get their gold to sell to you? The $350 you saved is their margin.