• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Autonumbers & Force Length

Marie

I am working on a set of numbered boat decals. On the first decal, I have "forced length" set on the #1 so that all the numbers will be fitted to the space available - but that does not work. The higher numbers are not being automatically condensed in length so they end up being too long for decal. Besides resizing the long ones individually, is there a way to force the size on autonumbering? Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Going from memory, my recollection is that you need to predetermine what the longest set of numbers will be and plan that into your setup. I think everyone I've ever done I used unmodified text for the autonumbering.

Marlene

in the repeats/auto numbers option tab #3 there's a place to check off maintain forced/fixed length. I just tried it and it worked. I forced the first number by 50%, clicked on the options tab and clicked the second option for forced length and all the nubers were forced to 50%

Last edited:

Marie

Marlene - that checkbox worked perfectly!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the quick response.:thankyou: