• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery DOL 1480Z matte overlaminate

whatsinaname

Has anyone here used the Avery DOL 1480Z matte overlaminate?

I just wanted to know if its fully matte like the Avery 4 mil 1080Z matte overlaminate or does it show a bit of satin gloss like the 3M 8520 Matte overlaminate. Unfortunately our local dealer here doesn't have a sample to show and I am unable to judge this aspect.

BlueRoseAuto

I think the 1380 matte and the 1480 matte have great finishes. you can really tell it is matte. I use them all the time.

BlueRoseAuto

this is it 1380 version

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 104

whatsinaname

Is the finish fully matte or is there any glossy sheen to it when you look at from certain angles? I have been using the 2 mil 1080Z which is like fully matte but the thing is it makes the colors on my prints subdued. So i was thinking if the 1.3 mil 1380 would make the colors less subdued while still providing the matte finish.

I think the 1380 matte and the 1480 matte have great finishes. you can really tell it is matte. I use them all the time.

Last edited:

BlueRoseAuto

you can look at the example i posted and try and make the best choice for your colors and needs. here is another one. the word and logo on Corvallis Contractor are overlay with printed reflective, Bakery isn't

Attachments

• IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1837.jpg
    IMG_1837.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Kchapin

I haven't used the Avery DOL 1480Z myself, but I've worked with similar products. From what I've heard, the 1480Z is pretty close to the Avery 4 mil 1080Z in terms of matte finish, but some users have mentioned it might have a slight satin gloss compared to the 3M 8520 Matte.