• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backglass Wiper removed. Now what?

showcase 66

My client just dropped off his van for me to finish and he removed the wiper. Now there is a 1" hole in the glass and he wants me to just cover it with the perforated. His thinking since it is laminated it will be ok. I understand that thinking to a point but I am afraid of other damage from the inside.

Has anyone covered the hole with the vinyl or is there some kind of cap I can use to cover it.

I told him I would look at a solution but wouldnt guarantee the perforated if we left the hole there behind the vinyl.

Any Ideas would be great.

Thanks.

Attachments

• backglasshole.jpg
    backglasshole.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 112

MindsEyeOpen

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and ask for a 1" Hillman nylon hole plug. It'll be around the nuts and bolts in the hardware section. Put a thin line of silicone around the outer lip of the plug, pop it in, and wrap right on over it. :rock-n-roll:

Edit: Or paint it to match the perf and just cut around it. Either way = Win.

showcase 66

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and ask for a 1" Hillman nylon hole plug. It'll be around the nuts and bolts in the hardware section. Put a thin line of silicone around the outer lip of the plug, pop it in, and wrap right on over it. :rock-n-roll:

Edit: Or paint it to match the perf and just cut around it. Either way = Win.

Thanks. Going to run there now.

Jillbeans

Could you cut a little coro circle to fit the hole then stick a bigger vinyl circle on the inside and outside of the window? Like a redneck patch.
Love....Jill

showcase 66

Picked up a 1" cap and a 7/8" cap. 1" was way to big and the 7/8" is just a little small but will work. Just waiting for the glue to set.

Thought about the same thing Jill. but the cap should work just fine. Pretty flush to the glass as well so Hopefully it doesnt stand out as much.

rjssigns

Use an Oil Tight Hole Seal from Grainger. #6C750. If that is not the right diameter you now know where to look.
They work awesome, although a bit spendy for what it is.

ProWraps

this is your problem because.....

tell him to put his damn wiper back on.

if he uses it and is screws up the perf so what.

again its your problem because....

god people. get real. stop having customers dictate YOUR and eveyone elses reality.

wedosigns

this is your problem because.....

tell him to put his damn wiper back on.

if he uses it and is screws up the perf so what.

again its your problem because....

god people. get real. stop having customers dictate YOUR and eveyone elses reality.
GOOD CALL!:goodpost:

4R Graphics

I am with Pro wraps.

Why is this your problem? Your customer needs to figure out what he is going to do about the hole.

Do not warranty it.

MakeMyGraphic

:Big Laugh I know this thread is old but I JUST could not help myself to laugh at the name of your thumbnail in the first post, I sooooo totally read it wrong