• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

background removal

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'm printing a 4'x8' picture on gatorboard for a customer for their wedding. It's a high resolution image and I need the background removed from it. I usually do background removals on a free website but it's usually for banners. Since this one is "nicer" and will probably be in everyone's faces. Does anyone have an recommendations for removing background? a paid site?

TIA

ikarasu

Photoshop is pretty good at it. Have you ran it through a free site to see how it does? I find most of them do it pretty good... If its a complicated one and has to be done manually, it depending on the image it could take 10 minutes or an hour :( Usually the 10 minute ones will get auto removed pretty easy... so if the free sites or photoshop aren't working, it might get a bit expensive!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Photoshop is pretty good at it. Have you ran it through a free site to see how it does? I find most of them do it pretty good... If its a complicated one and has to be done manually, it depending on the image it could take 10 minutes or an hour :( Usually the 10 minute ones will get auto removed pretty easy... so if the free sites or photoshop aren't working, it might get a bit expensive!
I sent it through a free background remover, but it doesn't look as good as I wanted it to look. I took Boudica up on her offer and sent it over to her. Thats a skill that I should probably look into developing more. I do a lot of sport banners for people.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
****UPDATE**** I sent my photo to Boudica and she removed the background and actually put a black background behind it and even added a lighting effect. I have tried numerous times to upload the finished product, but signs101 says the file is too big. a HUGE thanks for making this for me. My customer is THRILLED and it will his wedding day so special.
if you need professional services for removing backgrounds, Boudica is the one!

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
Thank you Geneva! Here are the before and after photos
1729091508750.png

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
May want to ask mrs freebee if it's fine to turn every joker searching the forum for background removal her way...
Looks great though.
I reserve the right to say no. But I enjoy helping my friends, and while I could do this in my sleep in my past job, I don't get to do it as much anymore, so I really enjoy it. Besides, you know the old saying.... use it or loose it. Gotta flex my skills from time to time to stay in shape.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I reserve the right to say no. But I enjoy helping my friends, and while I could do this in my sleep in my past job, I don't get to do it as much anymore, so I really enjoy it. Besides, you know the old saying.... use it or loose it. Gotta flex my skills from time to time to stay in shape.
I for one am very grateful for a job well done.

myront

Dammit, make it faster!!

Check out Adobe Background remover online. Works great

Not to bad. We have to do this a lot for realtors. Bookmarked now.
I use another free online site to OCR text images (I hate typing).

1729109577874.png