• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit sign

Ripcord

I'm doing a backlit sign for the first time. I have all the materials ready, and my question is should I apply the vinyl to the inside or the outside of the white acrylic? I'm thinking it has to be on the outside so you can see it in the daytime, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On the outside..... however if you are doing a print I'd suggest a second print in reverse applied to the inside instead of trying to do double ink on the outside print.

Ripcord

It's replacing an existing sign in a metal frame that already has the fluorescent lights in it. So all I'm buying is the acrylic sheet and two colors of translucent vinyl.

Ripcord

Thanks Pat, That's what I'm using. White polycarbonate (although my supplier carries a different brand than Lexan.) I mistakenly thought it was made of acrylic....

Ripcord

Thanks again, I've been printing T-shirts for 12 years and I just bought a small cutter to start doing signs. So far I've done two window signs and one big sign on e-panel. I'm kinda diggin' the new business and I'm really glad I found this forum.